Sandra Dukes-USA TODAY Sports
Just like those snow and ice covered roads we have in the Hawkeye State, Iowa's chances at the NCAA tournament are 0-100%.
Iowa Hawkeyes prepare for Penn State. (via hawkeyesportstv)
WHEN A BLIZZARD HITS, TUNE IN TO BHGP FOR ALL OF YOUR HOT HAWKEYE NEWS COVERAGE. Melsahn Basabe may be working his way into the starting lineup. Whether Melsahn has started hasn't had an impact on his minutes as of late. He's been a spark off the bench and could/should replace struggling freshman Adam Woodbury.
IT MAY BE A SNOW DAY BUT YOU CAN BET MIKE GESELL IS STUDYING. Gesell had one blemish on his grade report following his first semester at Iowa. One A minus. He has lofty goals for his academic career at Iowa. For basketball, he gives himself "an A-minus or B-plus."
JOSH OGLESBY IS SUFFERING FROM AN ARCTIC BLAST SHOOTING THE BALL. According to Fran McCaffery, Oglesby's troubles making baskets doesn't occur during practice. Oglesby is putting in extra work on his shot but they just haven't fell. Per Josh,
"It's just really frustrating. I haven't shot the ball well and people are saying I'm known as a shooter and stuff. It's hard when you're not making shots, but I've got to stay confident and be patient because I'm working hard. I'm getting extra shots up and hopefully things will come."
LUNARDI DOESN'T LIST IOWA ANYMORE. His latest bracketology doesn't include Iowa in the "first four out" as it had before. There's still plenty of basketball to be played but Iowa is off the radar here at the end of January. Iowa needs wins, a lot of wins.
RESEATING IS COMING TO KINNICK IN 2014. Seat donations are rising too. Marc Morehouse, of the Cedar Rapids Gazette, found the proposed new donation requirements along with the new seating plan.
LISA BLUDER'S TEAM REMAINS HOT. Her Iowa women's basketball team cracked the Top 25 at #24 for the first time this season. Senior Jamie Printy was named the Big Ten's Player of the Week after 21.5 points in Iowa's two games last week. The women, like the men, play again on Thursday night.
- How did B1G's top 2009 recruits turn out?
- 2012-13 Big Ten men's basketball TV schedule: Jan. 28-Feb. 3
- B1G ADs weigh number of league games
- Detroit corner is Iowa's 16th recruit for 2013
- The Journey' spotlights Chris Street tribute
- Former Hawkeye Week in Review for 1/27/13
- Turning heads by running a 4.48 40-yard das
- Fran McCaffery News Conference Transcript
- Basketball Rivalry Trophies: Why Not?
- Add Penn State to Iowa's list of wrestling rivals
- NWCA poll: Iowa third, PSU first before Friday dual
- Hawkeyes remain third in WIN Rankings
- B1G ADs: Geography could drive divisions
- Podcast: ‘On Iowa' talks Purdue loss, recruiting
- Hlas: DeVries goes from QB sacks to grocery sacks
- Hawkeye wrestlers stay unbeaten in Big Ten duals
- WBB: Iowa knocks off another ranked challenger
- Iowa Basketball with Fran McCaffery - Reggie Evans Feature
- Iowa Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Defeats Northwestern
- Softball Countdown: Nikki Gentile
- Wrestling - #3 Iowa Prepares to Host #1 Penn State
- Softball Countdown: Shayla Starkenburg
- Softball Countdown: Sammi Gyerman
- One-on-One with Gary Barta: Big 10 Expansion