David Banks-USA TODAY Sports
Sprots, news. Link, discuss.
THE HAWKEYES WILL HONOR CHRIS STREET SATURDAY. It will be the 20th anniversary of Street's death. Fran McCaffery's team will honor him. Several Iowa media folks are honoring Street too. I remember where I was, in bed getting sleep before another day of school. I was a sophomore in high school. My dad woke me when the WHO TV-13 had the news.
SOME ONE PREDICTED MELSAHN BASABE WOULD START.
My only prediction for the Iowa-Northwestern hoops game on Sunday is that Melsahn Basabe will get his first start of the season.— Pat Harty (@PatHarty) January 13, 2013
Basabe didn't. And Fran McCaffery doesn't expect to shake-up his starting lineup any time soon.
ONE TIME HAWKEYE FOOTBALL VERBAL COMMIT TREVON YOUNG NO LONGER HAS AN IOWA OFFER. Per Rivals' Blair Sanderson, Iowa pulled their offer to the Des Moines Lincoln linebacker.
Just confirmed with Trevon Young that he's back on the market looking for a new school. #Iowa pulled his offer after 2 run-ins with the law.— Blair Sanderson (@BlairRIVALS) January 15, 2013
DAVID KENNEY, ONE-TIME IOWA COMMIT, MIGHT BE BACK IN THE PICTURE. Kenney, if you recall, switched to Indiana. His father held an admin position for Kevin Wilson's Hoosiers. Kenney's dad is now moving up to DL coach but at Indiana State. Iowa contacted Kenney last night but he remains committed to Indiana, for now.
FORMER HAWKEYE KEENAN DAVIS IS IMPRESSING SCOUTS AT THE EAST-WEST SHRINE BOWL PRACTICES. Keenan had a disappointing senior season at Iowa but an impressive performance at the East-West Shrine Bowl could help KD's draft stock. They've had only one practice (the game is Saturday) and so far, Keenan is the "most impressive receiver."
THERE'S ALSO THAT RAYCOM ALL-STAR GAME DEAL. James Vandenberg, Matt Tobin and Greg Castillo will put on the pads one more time this Saturday too. There was a weigh-in and perhaps Matt Tobin helped himself by standing in at 6' 5.5" and 302 pounds. Castillo measured 5' 9", if you were curious.
FORMER HAWKEYE ALBERT YOUNG FOUND A GIG AFTER A BRIEF STINT AT COLORADO. It was rumored that Young might reach out to Iowa and express interest in a Grad Assistant position. Iowa went with D.J. Hernandez and Young interviewed with Pitt. AY stated his new job with the Panthers yesterday.
- On Iowa Podcast: ‘On Iowa' talks recruiting, Northwestern win
- The Thing About That Iowa Northwestern Game
- Track and field: Wiz Motivates "Close to Home"
- Iowa was the only one of 124 FBS teams to use just one quarterback all season
- Remembering Chris Street
- Hawkeyes in the NFL: Divisional Playoffs Recap
- Iowa '13 football schedule not a soft landing
- 2012-13 Big Ten men's basketball TV schedule: Jan. 14-20
- B1G could change Legends, Leaders names
- Cowboy wrestlers wrangle win over Hawkeyes
- 2012 Iowa FB wrap-up: The year of the 7 TD passes
- WBB: Logic, Johnson pace Iowa to win at Wisconsin
- Roby Named to American Football Kicking Hall of Fame
- Uthoff Works on Improvement in Redshirt Season
- Big Ten official: Black Friday likely for Iowa, NU