View a Better Tailgate with U.S. Cellular® and IOWA HAWKEYE fans -- 9/8 (via uscellularcorp)
THAT'S RIGHT. ESPN's Adam Rittenberg predicts Iowa will lose tomorrow to FCS Northern Iowa. Adam was in love with the Hawkeyes in 2010 and has never recovered from that 8-5 season. His partner, Brian Bennett, picks Iowa to win 12-9.
IOWA IS ESPN B1G BLOG'S NUMBER ONE TEAM ON UPSET ALERT. In Brian Bennett's video he lists his top four Big Ten teams on upset alert. Wisconsin is number two and Iowa is number one. Bennett says UNI played Wisconsin tough and they look like a good team. He continues to break down Iowa's offensive struggles and believes UNI will be fired up to knock off the Hawkeyes.
HEY! CBS SPORTS IS PILING ON. Mike Singer has a preview of this week's game. There's insightful stuff there. This guy does this, that guy does that. Let's skip to the end: Northern Iowa 23, Iowa 17!
HEY! PENNLIVE HAS IOWA LAST IN THEIR BIG TEN POWER POLL. Last. David Jones calls Iowa "stagnant and dreary and drab" and notes that Iowa has Ferentz locked in through 2020. If anyone knows dreary and drab it would be a Penn State beat writer.
MARC MOREHOUSE PREDICTS IOWA 27-14. In his weekly two-minute drill he lists the advantages for each team. Iowa holds most of them except Iowa's offense versus UNI's defense. Only a fool would pick Iowa's offense right now.
I'M PREDICTING 30-10 HAWKS. I'm sticking with that. If Iowa wins a close game, fine. If Iowa loses?
WHY ARE WE WORRIED ABOUT AN FCS TEAM? Well, this one is different. Sure, UNI is consistently ranked in the FCS Top 25. Sure, they are consistently in the FCS Playoffs. UNI's roster is also made up of Iowa kids that may believe they were passed over by the likes of Iowa and Iowa State. There's a chip on the shoulder, so to speak. Tanner Miller was almost a Panther, so was Brandon Myers. Both were last minute commits to Iowa that left UNI in a lurch. They both became starters, Myers is still in the NFL with the Raiders.
HAWKEYESPORTS WANTS US TO KNOW THE BOYS ARE WORKING HARD. Shocker, right? Here's a cliche filled article from HawkeyeSports that may lift your spirits. Reading between the lines, it appears maybe the coaching staff ramped up the intensity at practice. Kirk Ferentz says, "It's been a physical two days but that's what you have to do to prepare for a team like UNI."
MARK WEISMAN TALKS TO THE DI ABOUT DROPPING A TOUCHDOWN PASS VERSUS ISU. "I think I could've made the play. It's a play I expect to make," Weisman told Sam Louwagie. Weisman also talks about his semester at Air Force and why he decided to leave and ultimately end up at Iowa.
BOTH IOWA COORDINATORS ARE FEATURED IN THIS WEEKLY VIDEO FROM HAWKEYE SPORTS. Phil Parker talks about the defense and how they kept fighting against ISU. He added that they would like to play 8-9 guys on the DL but there's not a number. Greg Davis says UNI is an eight-man spacing and that's different from ISU and NIU. Davis thinks the team is closer to breaking out of their slump. Finally, he added Keenan Davis has had a good week of practice and missed some camp time due to a concussion.
- What to watch in the Big Ten: Week 3
- (KAZ!) Huskers lineman Chase Rome leaves team
- 9/13/2012: Talkin' Hawks podcast (Iowa vs. Northern Iowa)
- Grapple at the Garden tickets on sale Thursday
- Black & Gold Blowout Time, Ticket Info Announced
- Bruce Nelson is Honorary Captain Saturday
- Iowa's "Kid Captain" gets to meet Hawkeye heroes
- Bruce Nelson - Iowa down to the roots
- Three and Out . . . C'est la vie, Notre Dame
- Softball Ready to Open Fall Slate
- Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops' days roughing it at Iowa
- With Kaeding, Chargers start off on right foot
- Crystal Lake's Bulaga becomes leader of the Pack
- Riley Reiff played tight end on a Lions touchdown Sunday
- Iowa soccer out to best start in program history
- Kirk Ferentz is coaching for his job every weekend
- Follow @IowaFBLive on Gameday
- Notes from HawkeyeReport.com
- Northern Iowa brings bonded backfield to Kinnick
- What Vandenberg looks for at the line of scrimmage
- Wide receivers look for bounce back
- The DJK & Cozzi Podcast