IOWA CITY IA - OCTOBER 23: Kirk Ferentz head coach of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes looks on from the sidelines during the second half against the Wisconsin Badgers during the first half of play at Kinnick Stadium on October 23 2010 in Iowa City Iowa. Wisconsin won 31-30 over Iowa. (Photo by David Purdy/Getty Images).
GREG GARMON FACES THE JUDGE. Garmon plead guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia Wednesday in Erie, Pennsylvania. The judge dropped two other charges and ordered Garmon to pay a $309.50 fine. Ferentz had stated he'll wait until Garmon's case was decided before making a decision about punishment. Ferentz will likely shed light on Garmon's punishment, if any, next week at Big Ten media days.
ESPN'S BIG TEN BLOG IS ANALYZING IOWA'S FOOTBALL SCHEDULE. Here's the rundown from Brian Bennett. Northwestern is a trap, Iowa State is the toughest non-conference game and Central Michigan is the snoozer. Can't argue with that.
2002 IOWA FOOTBALL IS IN THE FINALS. That's over at Off Tackle Empire where they've simulated their choice for each Big Ten team's best teams. 2002 Iowa defeated 1997 Michigan in the semi-finals and will face 2008 Penn State. No word if Daniel Murray will make a surprise appearance.
NO PRESSURE FOR MIKE GESELL. Scott Dochterman says the incoming Hawkeye hoops freshman feels no pressure. Gesell will likely be Iowa's starting point guard from day one. Gesell told Doc,
"I have high expectations for myself, too, in every aspect of my life. It's just fun knowing that my hard work is starting to pay off a little bit. I've got to keep working hard and I can't be complacent."
FRAN MCCAFFERY RETURNS TO HIS OLD STOMPING GROUNDS. McCaffery took a trip back to Loudonville, New York, to visit family and make a stop by his former school Siena. Fran talks about his contract a little bit and says he's also in the area to do some recruiting.
ESPN'S BRIAN BENNETT SAYS KEENAN DAVIS IS THE BIG TEN'S SECOND BEST WIDE RECEIVER. First on his list is Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis. Bennettt included tight ends with the wide receivers and C.J. Fiedorowicz comes in at 10th on his list. Iowa's combination of WR's and TE's is ranked 4th best in the league as a unit.
THE PATRIOTS SIGNED TWO HAWKEYE FREE AGENTS. Now, both Brad Herman and Markus Zusevics are on the injured list. Herman tore his Achilles and Zus failed a physical. Zusevics still hasn't recovered from a torn pectoral at the NFL Combine and was placed on the Patriots non-football injury list.
MORE WATCH LIST MANIA. James Vandenberg was selected for the Davey O'Brien Award watch list. The Davey O'Brien Award goes to the nation's top quarterback. The last Hawkeye quarterback to win the award was Brad Banks in 2002.
- Morehouse's No. 7 - MLB James Morris
- Men's hoops: No. 3: Iowa 78, Indiana 66
- A 2012 Big Ten football schedule without Penn State? Iowa would move ... lots
- Checking the Big Ten rankings for class of 2013
- Big Ten's official rules on membership and expelling a university
- Dace Richardson Comes Back
- Bo Porter is in his second season as the Washington Nationals third base coach
- Rowing: Steve Pritzker Named Head Coach
- Morehouse's No. 6 - OT Brandon Scherff
- B1G: Delany firing power not considered
- COMMENTARY: What should happen on Oct. 20
- Lions working to sign Riley Reiff before rookies report on Monday
- Big Ten at Ten 7.18.2012: Talking Odds
- Hawkeye position preview: quarterback
- Hawkeye position preview: running back
- 2-time Hawkeye All-American named assistant wrestling coach at UI
- Iowa Football: Tight End Targets