budweiser wassup (via zammo69)
THE UNIVERSITY OF IOWA LIKES SHITTY BEER. Iowa announced that they signed a four year advertising agreement with beer distributor Anheuser-Busch. So, in and around Kinnick Stadium, where beer is not sold (to the common folk not seated in a luxury suite), there will be ads for AB InBev products. Kind of a strange partnership dontcha think?
MONDAY'S INP LINKED TO A STORY ABOUT TOM BRANDS AND MARK IRONSIDE RACING FOR CHARITY. Tonight is the race but Brands has already taken a few practice laps. The Gazette's K.J. Pilcher was there to take in the practice laps and get some video of Iowa's head wrestling coach.
AND SUDDENLY, KEVONTE MARTIN-MANLEY IS A LEADER ON OFFENSE. This will only be his second year of playing wide receiver at Iowa. Martin-Manley flashed some skills last year as a freshman. He also disappeared for stretches as freshmen typically do. Martin-Manley said of his role as a leader,
"I'm going into my third year, so I look around the locker room and I'm a veteran. I have to step up and step to the plate and I'm ready to do it. I'm doing it for myself as well as for the rest of the team."
KMM said of the upcoming season, "we're all fighting for positions right now." He's slated to be Iowa's number one weapon from the slot position.
NO SHOCK HERE.
Samantha Logic was the No. 1 pick in the Game Time League draft. #hawkeyes— Ryan Suchomel (@RSuchomel) June 15, 2012
Suchomel added additional Game Time League information via his Twitter account. A couple of freshmen, Nicole Smith and Claire Till, won't play in the summer league. Also, Morgan Johnson, Theairra Taylor and Melissa Dixon will play part-time in the league.
THE NUMBER OF HAWKEYES CONTINUING THEIR FOOTBALL CAREERS IN CANADA IS GROWING. Drew Tate and Jovon Johnson have had successful football careers in Canada. Former Hawkeye Derrell Johnson-Koulianos and Kenny Iwebema will join them this year. DJK informed the world last fall he was heading North. Iwebema's plans to continue his career was announced yesterday.
BASKETBALL RECRUITING IS HEATING UP WITH SUMMER CAMPS UNDERWAY. Yesterday we talked a little bit about West Des Moines Valley's Peter Jok. A name mentioned in the comments by tyger1147 was E.C. Matthews. Future150 is reporting that Iowa is one of the schools that contacted Matthews this morning. He's 6'4" four-star rated shooting guard (Rivals) from Romulus, Michigan. He's a top 100 player that lists offers from USC, Creighton, Rhode Island and Iowa. (Here are some YouTube highlights.)
- Bradley Fletcher Ahead of Schedule
- The backup offense fared little better behind quarterback Ricky Stanzi
- The flexible fullback
- More from Big Ten ADs on building boom
- B1G Football Programs as Family Guy Characters
- Morehouse's No. 31 - OL Conor Boffeli
- Track and Field: 8 Hawkeyes Earn All-America Honors
- B1G 2012 // Keeping The Enemy Close: Michigan Football Is Back...ORLY?
- TCU - "Call Me Maybe" Orientation Song
- A College Football Playoff Changes Nothing (And Why That's Great)
- Here's a look back at past No. 1 players in the Rivals.com rankings
- Chicago Bulls execs ‘blown away' by NU facilities
- NCAA officially bans on-court stickers, reinforces block/charge rules