2011-2012 Iowa Hawkeyes Rowing Season Highlights Video (via hawkeyesportstv)
THERE WAS REASON FOR EXCITEMENT FOLLOWING DAY ONE. Iowa golf was in the top ten after finishing off a strong opening round. Rounds two and three didn't go so well as the Hawkeyes fell to 22nd place on the leaderboard. The Iowa team shot 15 over on each Wednesday and Thursday's rounds. The Hawkeyes were led by Joseph Winslow who finished tied for 13th position.
THIS STORY HAS BEEN TOLD BEFORE. But this time it's in the Omaha World-Herald. Fran McCaffery has Iowa hoops fans Mad again. Tom Brands and Norm Parker also spoke before the crowd at the Nile Kinnick I-Club Spring Fling.
HAWKEYE SPORTS IS TAKING 10 WEEKS TO LOOK BACK AT THE PAST BASKETBALL SEASON. Each week Hawkeye Sports will profile a game. It's a countdown of sorts. The series begins with Iowa's win over Nebraska on February 29th. Iowa won 62-53 in Lincoln.
LOOKING TOWARDS SUMMER. Adam Woodbury plans to play in the Summer Prime Time League, even if he makes the U-18 USA team. If Woodbury makes the U-18 USA team he will miss some of the early PTL action but could return by June 24th. The Prime Time League begins June 19th.
ADAM RITTENBERG HAS PEGGED THIS YEAR'S MICHIGAN STATE GAME AS IOWA'S MOST IMPORTANT. In the ESPN blogger's series, Michigan State is selected for Iowa because Rittenberg believes the early Hawkeye season sets up well for them. The game on October 13th will determine if Iowa has legitimate Legends Division title chances.
ESPN'S BIG TEN BLOG ALSO PICKS AN IOWA RUNNING BACK TO BE NAMED LATER AS A 1,000 YARD BACK. "Unnamed Iowa back" will rush for over 1,000 yards this year. Mostly because of Ferentz's history running the ball and finding a suitable carrier. I think we see more of a committee this season. When Adam Robinson and Brandon Wegher split duties neither reached 1,000 yards.
SCOTT DOCHTERMAN IS IN MINNEAPOLIS. And he has a profile piece on current Viking and former Hawkeye Christian Ballard. The 2011 fourth round draft pick has slimmed down a bit as he prepares for the upcoming season. Ballard admitted he wasn't in the greatest of shape to begin his life in the NFL. He's taken to Tai Chi and Yoga to help him prepare.
MOREHOUSE CONTINUES HIS COUNTDOWN SERIES. One of his latest profiles is on incoming freshman punter Connor Kornbrath. He'll battle back-up quarterback John Weinke for the starting punting position. There's also a piece on John Lowdermilk. A possible back-up at the linebacker position.
THIS ISN'T TWITTER BUT HERE'S A FOLLOW FRIDAY FOR YOU. Former Hawkeye Paki O'Meara has spent most of this spring touring Europe and his Twitter feed is full of all kinds of photos from his trip. It's Friday so maybe we can live vicariously through the Paki Bomb for a day.
- Adam Gettis interview on CSNWashington
- In two weeks, college basketball recruiting changes significantly
- Iowa rowing coach resigns after 18 years, lawsuit
- Gatens, Flood Earn B1G Outstanding Sportsmanship Awards
- Proving ground: Legends Division
- B1G's playoff position (pay attention, SEC)
- Stadium Journey: Carver Hawkeye Arena
- Stadium Journey: Kinnick Stadium
- Drew Ott blurb in the OWH
- Iowa last in Big Ten Learfield Director's Cup Standings (golf points don't yet count)
- Legends of Iowa hosts football camps and banquet
- 66 Hawkeyes Earn Spring Academic All-Big Ten Honors
- College football playoff proposals are repackaged corruption
- (Not at all) Real Television Shows to Appear on the Upcoming SEC Network
- Track and Field: 8 Hawkeyes continue pursuit of national title June 6-9 at the NCAA Championships
- Maybe the next football Caring is Creepy