FIRST, A MOMENT PLEASE.
Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump (via emimusic)
IS BRIAN FERENTZ TROLLING US, HARD? Newly added offensive line coach Brian Ferentz hinted last week on Twitter that more members of the Hawkeye coaching staff may join the Twitterati. Just recently, we've seen Chris Doyle take to Twitter and use the easy image upload function to display pictures of Hawkeys working in the gym. But, Brian hinted another coach may utilize the social media tool.
SPEAKING OF CHRIS DOYLE. He's now a master of strength and conditioning. No word on if that means he'll now wear something like this:
Doyle's honor will be given by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches association. It's the "highest honor given in the strength and conditioning field." He'll receive a "blue MSCC Jacket on Thursday evening, May 10, 2012," in Florida.
ONE DUDE MAKING THE MOST OF HIS TRAINING TIME IS BRANDON SCHERFF. He's only a sophomore and possibly Iowa's next offensive lineman to hear his name called on the NFL Draft's first night. That's high praise surely but Scherff is an athletic freak. He played QB in high school and now he's breaking records in Iowa's weight room. Again, he's only a sophomore.
ESPN IS KEEPING SCORE OF FOOTBALL RECRUITING. Iowa's seven commitments place them in the middle of the pack. Recruiting is in full swing and a couple of offers were made over the weekend. Iowa offered Texas linebacker Raaquan Davis. He's a 6'2" 195 pound Rivals three-star prospect. Iowa also offered Maryland running back Rachid Ibrahim.
IN-STATE TALENT APPEARS TO BE CENTERED IN WEST DES MOINES. West Des Moines Valley and Dowling Catholic have three recruits offered by Iowa between the two schools. Jake Campos is 6'7" and growing. He's a four-star offensive tackle prospect from Valley that's picking up offers from all over the midwest. Jon Wisnieski is a Dowling tight end that also is picking up midwest offers. According to Scout.com he currently holds six. Sam Raridon is interesting. The defensive tackle's only reported offer is from Iowa. Just last week Illinois prospect Merrick Jackson verbally committed to Illinois. He told Rob Howe Iowa pulled his offer because they were done with defensive tackles.
AH! SO THERE WAS A REASON BEHIND MORRIS' PORN STACHE. He called it a social experiment. That's the into anyway to a piece on Iowa's current crop of line backers and their path to forging a legacy. ESPN's Adam Rittenberg stirs up memories of Chad Greenway and Abdul Hodge and compares Iowa's current duo of Morris and Christian Kirksey.
BTN's TOM DIENHART IS BREAKING DOWN IOWA'S UPCOMING FOOTBALL SCHEDULE. He lists Iowa's toughest out-of-conference game (Iowa State). Iowa's easiest game and the games he considers toss-ups. Dienhart thinks it's all on the line for Iowa in November. That's when the rubber hits the road for the Hawks.
- B.J. Armstrong will serve as Matt Gatens' agent
- Sara Evans to Headline Fourth Annual FRY fest
- Jordan Bernstine signed with the Redskins
- Greg Garmon will skip the Big 33 all-star game to start workouts in Iowa City
- Iowa basketball hosted hoops prospects Darius Austin, Peyton Allen & Darreon Reddick
- ISU's football attendance increase boosts Iowa's share from Cy-Hawk game
- More from Harty on 2014 football recruit Orlando Brown
- Harty: How well do you know the Hawkeyes?
- Camp Courageous day grows Hawkeye connectivity
- Hawkeyes welcome campers to Kinnick Stadium
- Classic Big Ten Football: Illinois at Iowa, 1952
- Shane Morris Photoshop Thread
- Adam Gettis becomes third Redskins draft pick to sign
- Hawkeye verbal commit was DB MVP at the Ohio Nike camp
- Iowa softball claims fourth consecutive Big Ten series
- Hawkeye baseball drops two to last-place Michigan
- Iowa vs. Miami in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge?
- Chiefs Training Camp Battles: Quinn Vs. Stanzi
- Chiefs GM Scott Pioli sits down with Jack Harry