Big Fan - It's gonna be a great year (via Bruschkov)
THE BIG TEN RELEASED THE 2015 AND 2016 FOOTBALL SCHEDULES. According to the official release, in both 2015 and 2016 all 12 Big Ten teams will play on the league's opening weekend and the final week of the season. The opening weekend in 2015 is October 3rd and concludes November 28th. The 2016 season begins October 1st and concludes November 26th.
IOWA'S 2015 BIG TEN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE:
October 3rd: Northwestern at Iowa
October 10th: Michigan State at Iowa
October 17th: Iowa at Purdue
October 24th: Iowa at Minnesota
October 31st: Illinois at Iowa
November 7th: Iowa at Penn State
November 14th: Bye Week
November 21st: Michigan at Iowa
November 28th: Iowa at Nebraska
IOWA'S 2016 BIG TEN FOOTBALL SCHEDULE:
October 1st: Minnesota at Iowa
October 8th: Iowa at Michigan State
October 15th: Purdue at Iowa
October 22nd: Iowa at Northwestern
October 29th: Iowa at Illinois
November 5th: Penn State at Iowa
November 12th: Bye Week
November 19th: Iowa at Michigan
November 26th: Nebraska at Iowa
WHAT'S NEW? Iowa adds Illinois and Penn State to the schedule and loses Ohio State, Wisconsin and Indiana (this is the last season Iowa will play Indiana until at least 2017). Iowa will play both the Buckeyes and Badgers in 2013 and '14. Iowa's last meeting with Illinois was in 2009. 2015 will end a six year stretch the two border state teams didn't meet (future Big Ten championship games are still possible).
THANKS TO HAWKEYE DRIVE, HERE IS IOWA'S NON-CONS FOR 2015:
September 5th: Illinois State at Iowa
September 12th: Iowa at Iowa State
September 19th: Pittsburgh at Iowa
September 26th: North Texas at Iowa
AND FOR 2016:
September 3rd: North Dakota State at Iowa
September 10th: Iowa State at Iowa
September 17th: Central Michigan at Iowa
September 24th: TBA (Pac-12 maybe?)
BIG TEN MEMBERS WILL RECEIVE A RECORD $25 MILLION. Or $24.6 Million exactly. That's shared money for everyone except Nebraska which has yet to receive a full share. Big Ten members received just over $22 million last year and the revenues have increased every year. The Big Ten's current TV deal expires in 2015.
IT'S IOWA WEEK AT OFF TACKLE EMPIRE. Jonathan Franz kicks Monday off with the Cocktail Party Preview. He breaks down the good and the bad on both sides of the ball.
ESPN BLOGGERS ADAM RITTENBERG AND BRIAN BENNETT HAVE A NEW POWER POLL. Now that Big Ten football teams have all completed spring practices a new power ranking is out. The Hawkeyes are eighth in the ESPN blogger's poll. One spot behind mighty Purdue.
- Catching up with: former wrestler T.J. Williams
- Iowa men's golf team advances to NCAA finals
- Hawkeyes women's basketball resting injured players this summer
- Barta on Bowlsby, Phase III and (there is no Phase III)
- Big Ten baseball coaches frustrated, seek changes to college baseball
- Dallas Clark to the Buccaneers?
- Iowa baseball takes series over ranked Purdue
- Hawkeye football commit is really fast
- Fans of the B1G - Iowa Hawkeyes (could be NSFWish)
- Introducing Realignment Value Rankings
- Analyzing B1G schedules for 2015, 2016
- Iowa vs. Nebraska back to Saturdays?
- Hawkeye coaches are touring the new facilities
- ESPN drops Pam Ward from college football coverage