INDIANAPOLIS, IN - FEBRUARY 25: Offensive lineman Riley Reiff of Iowa participates in a drill during the 2012 NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium on February 25, 2012 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
Mike Daniels, Tyler Nielsen and Shaun Prater have still yet to complete their combine testing and will do so today and tomorrow. Adam Gettis, Riley Reiff, Marvin McNutt and Markus Zusevics have tested and all but Zusevics have final official results.
Zusevics suffered a torn pectoral Friday during the combine's bench press test. It has been a rough preparation for the draft for Zusevics. He had a good week of practice at the East-West Shrine game but did not play due to undisclosed injury.
Dochterman's piece says Zus was projected as high as a fourth round pick in the upcoming draft. Other draft projectors have him slated for the fifth or even sixth round. The good news for Zus is a full recovery can be expected but the recovery (depending on the severity of the tear and the individual) could take up to eight months. The other good news is that the NFL does carry insurance that cover injuries that occur during the combine.
The press movement isn't part of every day life so atrophy in the muscle area happens fast, like two weeks fast. So, repairing the muscle and regaining strength is going to take awhile. It's not clear if this will affect his draft stock. I'd assume so but I'm not an expert.
Riley Reiff is the Hawkeye with the highest draft projection. He showed his athletic ability at the combine getting a 7.87s in the three cone drill. Adam Gettis probably improved his draft stock with a quick 5.0s forty time and 31.5" vertical leap. Marvin McNutt didn't hurt himself running a 4.54 official forty time. It was reported as 4.42 but that was an unofficial hand timed forty, his official time was published later.
Here's the complete results up to this morning:
ADAM GETTIS - OL
6'2" 293 LBs
Arms: 33 1/8" Hands: 9.5"\40 YD: 5.0s
Broad Jump: 9'4"
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.65s
3 Cone Drill: 7.99s
RILEY REIFF - OL
6'5.5" 313 LBS
Arms: 33 1/4" Hands: 10 1/18"
40 YD: 5.23s
Bench: 23 reps
Broad Jump: 8"2"
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.75s
3 Cone Drill: 7.87s
6'2.5" 216 LBs
Arms 32" Hands 10"
40 YD: 4.54s
Broad Jump: 10'2"
20 Yard Shuttle: 4.07s
60 Yard Shuttle: 11.62s
3 Cone Drill: 7.15s
MARKUS ZUSEVICS - OL
6'5" 303 LBs
Arms: 33" Hands: 10"
MIKE DANIELS - DL
6'0" 291 LBs
Arms: 32.5" Hands: 9 5/8"
TYLER NIELSEN - LB
6'3" 238 LBs
Arms: 31 3/4" Hands: 9 1/4"
Bench: 21 reps
JEWEL HAMPTON - RB
5'8.5" 218 LBs
Arms: 31" Hands: 9 5/8"
40 YD: DNP
INCOMING HOOPS RECRUIT ANTHONY CLEMMONS had himself a game Friday night in the CAAC Blue Championship game. Clemmons is #5 for Sexton (team in red) in the below video.
#1 Class B Sexton @ #1 Class A Eastern (via chrisdouglasroberts)
TWO MORE FOOTBALL RECRUITS WITH IOWA OFFERS PICK BIG TEN SCHOOLS NOT NAMED IOWA. R.J. Shelton, a running back from Wisconsin, gave his verbal commitment to Michigan State over the weekend. Offensive lineman Patrick Kugler, from Pennsylvania, verbally committed to Michigan.
SAMANTHA LOGIC MESSED AROUND AND GOT A TRIPLE-DOUBLE. Logic had 13 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists in 79-71 win over Michigan. The Hawkeye ladies won their eighth in a row and sent the seniors out in style.
THE BUBBLE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, HAS FINALLY BURST. Matt Gatens went five from six from three point land but Iowa didn't have an answer for Meyers Leonard. Illinois' 65-54 defeat of the Hawks gave them their sixth straight loss on the road this season.
- Hawkeyes are an offensive line pipeline to the NFL
- Michigan's Junior Hemingway on the Iowa non-catch
- Adam Haluska can relate to Matt Gatens
- Harty: Give students free admission to Northwestern game
- Iowa/ISU player measurables, results (plus Marvin McNutt video)
- Now healthy, former Hawkeye Mike Daniels prepares for next level
- Jewel Hampton hopes for NFL opportunity
- Iowa's Marvin McNutt at ease on the big stage at the NFL Combine
- Iowa's Adam Gettis could be Combine riser
- DJK has three catches for 29 yards and a touchdown in the Barnstorms first exhibition game
- White looks at his biggest critic in the mirror
- Iowa-Illinois video: Fran McCaffery
- Kyle Meyer's team loses in a state tournament game despite his 24 points
- Marvin McNutt showed the surest hands
- Cleveland Browns Interviewed Iowa Wide Receiver Marvin McNutt
- Reiff and Gettis considered draft risers
- Iowa Women Earn #3 Seed At Big Ten Tourney
- Hawkeye baseball starts out 1-5