I've been reading a ton of comments on BGHP about how Nebraska is the real Most Hated Rival (especially since the officially-designated one doesn't actually exist). Why is that the case? There's almost no history there, the teams have never jobbed one another out of a championship, etc., and the fan bases are the same fleshy cross-section of the population. So what the shit, Lana?
Before you respond, let's get a few things out of the way from our end:
1) Lawrence Phillips is a psychopath who should have been kicked off the team forever and ever.
2) Nebraska is not a better school than Iowa, academically. Certain programs here and there, blah blah. On the whole, we're not a better school than Iowa.
3) Iowa was a better football program throughout the Bill Callahan era.
4) We are not the "greatest fans in college football." The dildo who put those signs up is the same dildo who brought us Callahan.
5) Bo Pelini sure seems like an asshole a lot of the time.
6) The look on Taylor Martinez's face makes the look on Jay Cutler's face seem earnest and endearing by comparison.
Iowa borders Illinois, too, but I don't see the same hatred and contempt directed Champaign-ward. Is it because all of Iowa's students are from Illinois? Please describe the reasons for and the sources of your hatred, so that I may hate you in return.