The game was a little closer than some thought it would be.
MEN'S BASKETBALL WINS 73-61. Give new Central Michigan coach Keno Davis credit, he did his homework. His Central Michigan Chippewa team played zone and forced Iowa to shoot out of it. Iowa was ice cold shooting, starting the game 1 for 7 from the field. A couple of Fran McCaffery's new faces heated up in the second half from beyond the three point line. Guard Mike Gesell hit 3 of 6 from three point land. He finished the game with 15 points. Anthony Clemmons hit two three pointers and played 15 minutes of the second half. Devyn Marble led the team with 18 points.
- Fran said his four guard attack was "just matching up to them"
- He felt that group contained CMU's penetration better
- Clemmons made a couple of mistakes but bounced right back
- Fran calls Aaron White "Whitey"
- Eric May is playing with confidence
- 11/12/2012: Iowa 73, Central Michigan 61 (Links)
- Watch ‘On Iowa Live' with Duez Henderson
- Bowl pool expands for future B1G champs
- Hawkeyes in the NFL: Week 10 Recap
- Kickoff times, TV plans for final weekend
- Freshmen Duo Spark Hawkeyes
- Big Ten Week 12 preview
- 2012 Big Ten football TV schedule: Week Twelve
- 2012-13 Big Ten men's basketball TV schedule: Nov. 12-18
- Former Hawkeye Week in Review for 11/11/12
- Michigan's Devin Gardner passes more than just eye test at QB
- Michigan defense looks to bounce back against Iowa
- Eagles release Vandervelde
- Iowa Hosts Middle Tennessee in WNIT Semifinals