IOWA HOOPS STARTED THE SEASON OFF RIGHT. Iowa hosted Texas Pan-American in the season opener Friday night. Adam Woodbury recorded 10 points in his Hawkeye debut. Following the game Fran McCaffery talked about Woodbury's performance and his team's first win. You can read the transcript or watch the video. Fran's team will host Central Michigan tonight at Carver. The game will be broadcast by the Big Ten Network. Tip-off is set for 6:36 pm (CST).
THE LADIES ARE 2-0. They've won both games thus far in the Women's National Invitational Tournament. Jamie Printy recorded 11 points in the Hawkeye win Friday night versus Northern Illinois. Morgan Johnson had 24 points and nine rebounds yesterday in a win against Illinois State. Next up is Middle Tennessee State Wednesday night at Carver-Hawkeye Arena (7:00 pm CST).
WRESTLE-OFFS. Iowa wrestling started wrestle-offs Thursday night but the bulk of the matches took place Friday evening and Saturday morning. The results are in, Matt McDonough won 3-2 over Cory Clark. Also, Patrick Rhoads was stopped in the final round by Brody Grothus, 8-2. Finally, Mark Ballweg won at 141 over Josh Dziewa, 3-1.
DOG CRAP FOOTBALL. It took Purdue all of 16 secs to get 37 yards in three plays to set up a game winning field goal against Iowa Saturday. Ferentz said after the game that "it's not like this is a dog crap team." There's frustration with the losing all around the program. Perhaps, losing or even the amount of close games over the years is taking it's toll.
RICKY STANZI ADMITS TO SUFFERING A CONCUSSION WHILE AT IOWA. He also says he didn't tell anyone. Stanzi says he suffered the concussion in 2010 on the road versus Arizona. His reason for not informing the coaching staff or trainers? "I didn't want to come out of the game. It's a tough situation. You can debate about it all day," Stanzi said.
OTHER DOG CRAP LINKS:
- Improbable win built upon Boilmakers' shaky legs
- Purdue at Iowa Postgame Notes
- Purdue 27, Iowa 24: Lunar moons and ‘dog crap'
- Hawkeyes offer safe harbor to yet another mediocre opponent
- Ferentz: `We Will Write the Chapter'
- Stat Pak: Now for the hard part
- Game Report: Purdue 27, Iowa 24
- Paul Cowan speaks about "The Crash", part of the Engraved On A Nation series
- Video: Iowa's pregame flag unveiling
- 11/9/2012: Iowa 86, Texas-Pan American 55 (Links)
- Perimeter a good fit for Iowa's Zach McCabe
- Basketball is back in Iowa, and not a minute too soon
- Late-Night Hawkeyes Whip UTPA, 86-55
- Freshman Kyle Meyer to red-shirt
- B1G is scheduling for playoff era
- Keno Davis returns tonight Iowa City
- McCaffery doesn't want players to let up against Central Michigan
- Iowa men's cross country's season ends at NCAA regionals
- Hawkeyes Fall Just Short at NCAA Tournament
- Know Your Hawkeye Opponents: Central Michigan