Iowa tries to correct a two game losing skid this Saturday versus Indiana.
IOWA FOOTBALL TRAVELS TO INDIANA. Here's the two-deeps. Matt Tobin is at left tackle. Mark Weisman is absent and per Ferentz, will not play. The two-deep includes 12 freshmen. Drew Ott is now your second string defensive end.
- Ferentz is concerned about everything
- Indiana is much better than last year
- Weisman out, stretching, could be back next week
- Keenan Davis is fine
- Wait and see on Brad Rogers ( I think he had the flu last week)
- Riley McMinn is out, maybe for a couple of weeks
- Ott brings depth to DE
- Indiana plays aggressive and with attitude
- Ferentz deflected "horizontal passing game" questions
- Jordan Walsh did "okay"
- Sean Draper is improving
- B.J. Lowery is healthy
- "If you listen to the people up in the stands, you'll end up there with them"
THE GAME NOTES. Kickoff is set for 2:30 pm (CDT) in Bloomington, Indiana. The game will be broadcast by the Big Ten Network. Eric Collins, Derek Rackley and J Leman will be on the call.
THERE'S PLAYER VIDEO TOO. Scott Dochterman, of the Cedar Rapids Gazette, has video of James Vandenberg, James Ferentz, B.J. Lowery and Anthony Hitchens. They talk Indiana, of course. Marc Morehouse, also of the Cedar Rapids Gazette, has video of Matt Tobin, Damon Bullock and Austin Blythe. The article photo is one of our own.
AT LEAST BULLOCK IS BACK. Hawkeye Sports is all like, "HEY, HEY." Bullock was Iowa's starter at running back when the season began. He rushed for over 150 yards in Iowa's opener against Northern Illinois. He rushed for over 100 against Northwestern and even proved to be a weapon as a receiver.
INDIANA IS A DANGEROUS TEAM. Mostly, because they are having fun on the field. There's still a chance for the Hoosiers to appear in the Big Ten Championship game but then again, there's still a chance for Iowa too.
HERE'S INDIANA'S TWO-DEEPS. Cam Coffman is listed as the starting quarterback but Dustin Dopirak notes Nate Sudfeld could still start. Indiana's team is young, really young. Two freshmen are listed as starters on the offensive line.
INDIANA HEAD COACH KEVIN WILSON TALKED ABOUT HIS TEAM. He says he didn't think his team played well against Illinois despite the big win. He hopes for a big crowd and expects Iowa to show up and play well. He also dropped a "Coach Ferunz." The IU game notes state that they've scored over 24 points nine games in-a-row and every game this season. Indiana is the Big Ten's best passing team and have scored more points already this season than all of last year.
HOOPS NEWS. The Ken Pomeroy ratings are updated for the 2012-13 season. Iowa begins the year as his #53 rated team. I took a look and here are some ratings of Iowa's league opponents and non-con: UNI #48, ISU #62, OSU #2, Indiana #3, MSU #4, Michigan #12, Minnesota #26, Purdue #37, Illinois #54, Penn St. #67, jNW #90, Nebraska #216, Virginia Tech #79, Wichita State* #26, Western Kentucky #180, Gardner-Webb #240, Howard #301, Central Michigan #322, Texas PanAm #330, South Dakota #314, Coppin St. #317 and South Carolina State #346. Kenpom does not include transfers in his data so the numbers will change (jNW and ISU). There are 347 teams in his hoops ratings.
MEN'S BASKETBALL GETS A WARM-UP GAME SUNDAY. The Hawkeyes will host Quincy in an exhibition game at 1:05 pm (CST) in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Gary Dolphin will have the call on Hawkeye Sports radio and the game can be viewed for subscribers of Hawkeye Sports or video.BTN.com.
FRAN MCCAFFERY WILL HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY. With the upcoming exhibition game McCaffery will hold his first weekly press conference of the season. He'll start at 2:00 pm and members of Hawkeye All-access can watch online.
- The On Iowa Podcast
- The Mike Hlas Podcast
- Hawkeyes in the NFL: Week 8 Recap
- Post Week 9 - Bowl Projections
- Bowl projections: Chaos about to rear its head
- Big Ten Week 10 preview
- College basketball countdown: Scouting the Big Ten
- Field Hockey: 4th-seeded Iowa hosts No. 5 seed Michigan State at 11 a.m. Thursday
- Men's Tennis set to Compete in Big Ten Tournament
- The Box Score: Inside Hawkeye football statistics, Week 10
- Winning addictive for 'hungry' Hoosiers
- Indiana run game having ups and downs
- Hawkeye Family Knows What it Takes to Win
- Hoops: B1G players who need to produce
- Hoops: Hawkeyes hope youth is served at point
- Devyn Marble will finish among the Big Ten's top five scorers
- Hawkeyes can only dream about two healthy RBs
- NFL: Nate Kaeding released by San Diego Chargers
- Watch ‘On Iowa Live' w/former Iowa SID Phil Haddy
- Iowa Notebook: Hyde has some fun with QB situation
- Golf: Vandersee Wins Title at Royal Oaks Intercollegiate
- Iowa Hawkeyes at Indiana Hoosiers: Preview, prediction, TV info
- Michigan State Football: Iowa Could Hurt The Spartans' Bowl Chances