Current recruiting process (via CBSSports)
And Iowa is still working the recruiting trail. Prior to the departures of Jon Raymon, Marcus Grant, AJ Derby, Mika'il McCall and Marcus Coker coach Ferentz told the media Iowa was looking to sign around 20 this year. Well, it's obvious now the staff is looking to fill the max (25), or come close.
Iowa has added Alex Kozan, C.J. Beathard and Nate Meier this week. They are still after a few others that will either decide tonight or tomorrow morning. Here is a short list of players still with Iowa in the mix:
Sean Draper - A 6' 160 pound defensive back from Cleveland, Ohio. Draper is a three-star prospect according to Rivals and will decide between Iowa, Pitt and Louisville. It was rumored that Draper would make his verbal commitment known yesterday but now it appears he won't announce until tomorrow. The latest Twitter rumors have Draper as a Louisville lean.
Ian Thomas - A 6'1" 190 pound wide receiver from Maryland. Thomas is a three-star prospect according to Rivals and will decide between Iowa, Rutgers, North Carolina and Virginia. Thomas will announce his decision tomorrow at his high school around 7:00 am CT.
Aaron Curry - A 6'3" 298 pound defensive lineman from Keller, Texas. Curry is a three-star prospect according to Rivals that will decide between Iowa and Nebraska. It's Iowa against their former defensive line coach Rick Kaczenski for this one. Curry is set to announce at his high school tomorrow at 7:00 am.
Terrell Jackson - A 6'3" 255 pound defensive tackle from Columbus, Ohio. Jackson is a three-star prospect according to Rivals that will decide between Pitt and Illinois tomorrow at 9:00 am. Yesterday, it was rumored on Michigan State's Rivals board that Jackson had committed to Iowa. Iowa was in the mix but Jackson was to visit Michigan State and rumored to commit there. Now, the Twitters say Pitt and Illinois. Jackson has been linked to at least four schools in the last 24 hours so I suppose he's still one to watch. Or maybe not?
Quanzell Lambert, four-star linebacker from New Jersey, is still committed to Rutgers despite the coaching change. Per Twitter, he may not sign tomorrow but rather get to know Rutgers new coach Kyle Flood before making his final decision.
Those are some names Iowa has been linked to. There could be more, like Jackson's name popping up out of nowhere yesterday. The letters of intent start faxing in tomorrow to Iowa and like last year, they will operate an updating blog with bios and videos of each recruit.
As always, recruiting is fluid and we'll use the comments to add updates if necessary.
More links after the jump.
- Hawkeyes Hoops prepare to host Minnesota on Wednesday
- Iowa's McDonough named Big Ten Wrestler of the Week
- Roy Marble book chronicles his track from Flint to Iowa basketball superstar
- The latest On Iowa Pod talks football recruiting
- Tom Davis is coming back to Carver
- Correlating recruiting rankings and success
- Iowa shut out of ESPN's Top 10 individual performances of 2011
- Iowa shuffles basketball lineup to mixed results
- Phil Steele's predicted Top 10 for 2012
- Information on Lettermen's Day and 1987 Reunion Team
- Recruiting 2012: Iowa hopes Signing Day will bring relief
- Big Ten notebook: Hawkeyes' defense has been offensive
- CFB's '02 Top 25 Recruits: Where Are They Now?
- And finally, there is this