SPIDER-MAN, SPIDER-MAN, DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER CAN... (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)
The delirious madness of the first two days is over, which is always sad. There are fewer opportunities for crazy, bracket-shredding upsets -- but there are also fewer lopsided mismatches between teams, too, which ought to mean more close, exciting games. That's the hope, at least. Here's the schedule for today (all times CST):
* 11:15am: (4) Kentucky vs. (5) West Virginia (CBS; Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel)
* 1:45pm: (2) Florida vs. (7) UCLA (CBS; Ian Eagle/Jim Spanarkel)
* 4:15pm: (12) Richmond vs. (13) Morehead State (CBS; Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery)
* 5:10pm: (2) San Diego State vs. (7) Temple (TNT; Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner)
* 6:10pm: (1) Pittsburgh vs. (8) Butler (TBS; Tim Brando, Mike Gminski)
* 6:45pm: (3) BYU vs. (11) Gonzaga (CBS; Verne Lundquist/Bill Raftery)
* 7:40pm: (4) Wisconsin vs. (5) Kansas State (TNT; Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner)
* 8:40pm (3) Connecticut vs. (6) Cincinnati (TBS; Tim Brando, Mike Gminski)
Richmond-Morehead State guarantees that at least one double-digit seed will make the Sweet 16, although frankly it's a little less exciting when they knock off each other to get that far. Florida-UCLA is a rematch of the title game from a few years ago and Kentucky-West Virginia is a rematch from last year's Elite Eight, when the 'eers toppled Kentucky's star-loaded team. The evening slate brings us two of the most successful "Cinderellas" (though they've long since outgrown that term by now) teams of the last decade in Butler and Gonzaga, as well as two of the season's most exciting solo performers (JIMMER and Kemba). Oh, and the Badgeras they attempt to continue the Big Ten's solid start to the tourney.
And don't forget -- the Iowa women are in action at approximately 3:15 CST on ESPN2 (maybe; also on ESPN3), taking on Gonzaga. We ran a Q&A with Nate from Swish Appeal yesterday, and I answered questions for them, too. We'll try to keep an eye on that game during all the other madness.
The usual rules of open threading apply: no porn, no illegal online streams, no slurs, no politics, no religion, and whatnot.