I like to throw out stats because they amaze me sometimes. So I will in a moment... but first, Stanzi is starting to look like he could actually play a full season of great football. The Heisman already belongs to Cameron Newton so the Davy O'Brien (which will also probably go to him) is still (kinda) up for grabs. But since Cam Newton still exists, I will only assume Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year award is up for grabs for Stanzi. And I'm starting to think he has the best shot. Even Adam Rittenberg thinks so and he has to be right because he works for ESPN. Anywho, here are some pretty awesome stats.
(Last year through first 7 games / this year through first 7 games)
- Completion percentage: 59.2 / 68.1
- Passing Yards: 1,578 / 1,732
- Touchdowns: 11 / 16
- Interceptions: 8 / 2
- 200+ Yard Games: 5 / 7
- Games with 1+ Touchdown Passes: 5 / 7
- Games with 3+ Touchdown Passes: 2 / 4
- Games with 2+ Interceptions: 3 / 0
NEW STAT UPDATE
- Rushing yards: -52 / -14 (almost positive yardage!!!)
- Quarterback Rating of 174.9 with the opponent's pass defense averaging 227.53 yards passing per game and 1.6 TD allowed. That average is 78th in the nation for pass defense which is only 3 yds shy of #6 Mizzou's 224.57 yds passing a game allowed; Stanzi trails only Kellen Moore of Boise State who has faced defenses that average giving up 244.94 yards passing per game and 1.8 TD. That average is 99th in the nation for pass defense. The closest ranked team to that is 91st #11 Oklahoma.