Last night's Civil War Drinking Game, and the subsequent hangover I am experiencing this morning inspired me to alter a drinking game for the Big 12 Championship that was posted here in 2002. Here are the rules:
- Rule #1: Whenever Brent Musberger refers to someone as "the young man" everyone must drink twice. For example, Brent says "the young man from Omaha, Nebraska."
- Rule #2: Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.
- Rule #3: Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race!" everyone has to finish their drink, last person to do so must drink again.
- Rule #4: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.
- Rule #5: Anytime the lead in shot is something that is stereotypical of Texas, everyone must drink twice. For example, if they show cattle on the open plains, everyone must drink. This is up to your group's discretion.
- Rule #6: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.
- Rule #7: Whenever Brent or Kirk talk about Ndamukong Suh, everyone must yell out: "SOOOOOOWEEEEEE!" like they’re chasing a pig down, and then take three drinks.
- Rule #8: Whenever the camera pans to Colt McCoy’s face without his helmet on, everyone must drink five drinks, and comment about how he looks like he has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. This also applies if a picture of Colt McCoy is shown.
- Rule #9: If both teams exchange touchdowns in a period less than two minutes, everyone must scream out: "Nintendo 12," finish their beers, and then jump on them like Mario hopping on top his enemies.
- Rule #10: Each time there is a reference to Tim Tebow in the SEC Championship game that finished earlier, everyone must cross themselves, recite the following prayer: "Merciful Tebow, grant me the patience to survive this year so I won’t have to hear or read any more about you in the CFB ranks," and drink once in honor of the savior. (H/T chitownhawkeye)
- Rule #11 (per Twin Cities Hawk): Each time Musberger mentions any one particular aspect about the stadium (i.e., that stupid fucking scoreboard), two lucky people in your group have to have a beer duel.
If you want a fun drinking game that will result in you passing out before the SEC Championship game is over, here are the rules (they're simple):
- The Only Rule: Drink once whenever Tebow is mentioned.