The rules of engagement (per College Game Balls):
Before playing pick a side North (Oregon State) or South (Oregon).
- Whenever your side gives up points it’s 1 drink for 3 or less and 2 drinks for 4 or more.
- 1 drink if the LeGarrette Blount punch is mentioned, 3 drinks if they show the video. Then promptly fist pump.
- If your side is the North it’s 1 drink for every dumbass Jesse Palmer comment, if you’re the South do the same for Craig James. (honor system in play here for what constitutes a ‘dumbass comment’)
- Any time an announcer mentions the last time Oregon State was in the Rose Bowl was 1965, take a drink.
- Any time an announcer laments the fact that somebody who isn’t USC is going to win the Pac 10, finish your drink.
- If Erin Andrews says something along the lines of, "it’s getting loud in here", that’s 3 drinks.
- Any time the game is compared to the actual Civil War, finish your drink.
- Any time Phil Knight is mentioned, 2 drinks. If they show him, that’s 5 drinks.
- If an announcer segues from Chip Kelly to talking about Brian Kelly to ND by saying "speaking of Kelly", finish your drink.
- If there’s a reference to Appomattox Court House, finish your drink.
- Anytime, anything, about Oregon’s uniforms are mentioned that’s 2 drinks.
Comments in CoverItLive (I know, different than usual, but it lets us broadcast on the half-dozen participating blogs).